Open Call for Proposals 2021
Bring your Idea to Rakameya 2021
Submit your proposal and host a session at Rakameya 2021
TOPICS & FORMATS
The sessions should focus on examining collectively the impact of digital transformations on the following areas: (1) arts and culture, (2) business and the future of work, (3) civic participation, (4) gender equality and inclusion, and (5) online media and journalism. In particular, we invite the community to tackle the Rakameya 2021’s motto: #ourfutureisdigitalSome examples of questions/topics:
How is Digital Transformation creating new perspectives for the economy and the world of work, in the midst of a pandemic and in a post-pandemic time?
What benefits are on the horizon? What are the risks involved in an intensified process of digitization?
What futures are imaginable, and just around the corner, for our community?
What is the vision for a future in which digital transformation is at the center of social, cultural and economic issues?
What opportunities are available in a post-pandemic future where Digital Transformation is at the center?
We invite the community to submit their proposal for a session to host during the conference.
FORMATS AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
We invite professionals from the MENA region to submit their proposals to host a session during the days of the conference.
The call for proposal is open from April 16th and will officially close on May5th, 2021
- Submitters can submit their ideas as private individuals or as a group (team with max. 4 individuals).
- It is possible to submit a maximum of 2 proposals. In the case of more than one submission, proposals will need to be submitted for different categories (we will not accept two proposals for the same category from the same submitter).
- Proposals must be submitted via the Submission Form (link).
- Proposals can be submitted in English, German, French and Arabic.
- It is possible to submit proposals for 3 different formats:
Ramakeya Collab is the category for interactive workshops.
Submitters are invited to submit a concept for a session that will involve at least one interactive activity.
We envision the Rakameya Collabs to be a collective space for knowledge sharing and learning.
The submitter will ideally facilitate the session structured in two parts: one dedicated to presenting the topic, one dedicated to help the audience apply the knowledge through an activity that will leverage the practical skills related to the topic.
DURATION: 90 - 120 minutes
FOCUS: presenting a focus topic, sharing practical information, teaching skills for applicable use, learning experience.
Rakameya Community Talks
Rakameya Community Talks is the category for live interviews and open discussions by the submitters with the audience. Submitters are invited to submit a concept for a talk focusing on a specific experience, story or areas in the digital transformation field (relevant to the theme of Rakameya 2021).
We envision the Rakameya Community Talks to be sessions where:
- The speaker (submitter) introduces him/herself and shares their story, experience, focus area for ca. 20 minutes.
- The moderator (from the Rakameya Committee) entertains a quick live interview with the speaker.
- The speaker and the moderator open the discussion with the audience through a Q&A.
DURATION: 60 minutes (20 minute presentation, 10 minute interview, 30 minute Q&A)
FOCUS: Spotlighting professionals from the MENA region, sharing inspirational stories, networking and community building, collective discussion and experience sharing with the audience.
Virtual Knowledge Sharing
Rakameya Know-How is the category for knowledge-sharing sessions.
Submitters are invited to submit a concept for a session focusing on an area of expertise they intend to present about.
We envision the Rakameya Know-How’s as spaces where experts and professionals from technical areas can host a short lecture (45 minutes) to provide the audience with insights and trends from a specific focus area.
DURATION: 45 minutes + 15 minutes for Q&A
FOCUS: innovation, trends and insights from a focus area in the digital transformation, knowledge & expertise sharing, learning experience.
- Proposals must cover relevant topics and focus areas in relation to the Rakameya 2021’s theme.
- By submitting the proposal, submitters must ensure to own the intellectual property of the ideas and material submitted.
- Proposals will be reviewed by the Rakameya Committee and shortlisted based on these Selection Criteria.
- Shortlisted submitters will be notified in written form (via email) and be provided with further details on how to proceed with the organization of the sessions.
HOW TO SUBMIT
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL BY FILLING THIS FORM
The Call for Proposal is running from April 16th-May5th.
DAN will contact the shortlisted candidates in the two following weeks after the close of submission time.
By selecting the proposals, DAN will involve responsible leaders from the BMW foundations and will particularly take into account the following criteria:
- Relevance of the proposal to the digital transformation theme
- Relevance of the proposal to the Rakameya’s 2021 motto
- Suggestions with a regional perspective will have a priority
- Topics that provides a interdisciplinary and social innovative perspective
What do we offer?
- Support with developing the concept further.
- Technical support during the event.
- Marketing support.
- Promotion material.
- Opportunity to share your work with a large regional network of experts and professionals in the field.
- Publishing your success story on DAN’s website
- FREE ticket for all the Rakameya days
For any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org